|Harddisk Search & Stats |
|Freeware ASCII/text search engine for Windows|
Current version: 2.2
Harddisk Search & Stats is a powerful text-Search Engine for your harddisk which is
free for personal and corporate (business, government, non-profit, etc.) use. It enables you to conveniently
search large numbers of text/ascii-based files simultaneously.
Harddisk Search & Stats is ideal for those who are handling text files,
such as programmers, web developers, computer professionals,
system managers and other demanding users.
When searching inside files, you can specify as many search terms you want,
and there is no limit to the number of file types you can add for searching.
For each search-term entered, the program will display an additional column in the search results.
Double-clicking on a file in the search result will open the internal or an external viewer.
Click image to enlarge
Also by Freebyte.com:
Personal information manager with many features.
Celebrating 12 years of free upgrades!
Define your own addressbook fields and categories. Fully portable,
with encryption, search and more!
- search files according to file type
- search files according to filename
- search using wildcards
- search files according to file date
- search files according to file size
- sort and reverse-sort the search-result list according to:
- file location
- file name
- file type
- file size
- file date
- occurrence of each search term
- import file types from a folder
- right click on search results to copy (selected or all) items to clipboard New!
- view/search individual files with the internal or an external viewer
- zero-installation, easy uninstallation
- HD Search and Stats also runs directly from USB disk, CD-Rom or floppy
- nothing is written into the Windows registry
- nothing is installed into any Windows or system directory
- no special dlls or ActiveX controls are needed
Installation and use
Harddisk Search & Stats does not need to be installed. Just copy the program files
onto your harddisk, double click on the .exe file and the program will start.
License and platforms
Freeware for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP.
This program is freeware for corporate and personal use, so you can run this program in any commercial or non-commercial setting.
Current version: 2.2
Created on: November 05, 2005
Freeware for Windows XP, 200x, NT, 9x, ME, Linux/wine
To download Harddisk Search and stats (zip file, 600 Kb), choose a download location:
- hdsearchandstats.zip (location 1)
- hdsearchandstats.zip (location 2)
- hdsearchandstats.zip (location 3)
The Harddisk Search & Stats manual comes in two flavors:
(1) Online Harddisk Search & Stats manual.
Just click on this link and the online edition of the manual will open in your Web browser.
Downloadable edition of the manual (2382 Kb)|
Click on the link directly above, and save the manual into the same folder as the program.
This downloadable edition of the manual runs directly without installing anything.
You can start the manual by double clicking on hds_manual.exe (in the Windows Explorer), or (in the Harddisk Search & Stats program) click
The manual exe-eBook is created using TreePad Business Edition
and compiled with TreePad's exe-eBook Creator (freeware).
Both manual and viewer program are contained inside one executable file.
To automatically receive a notification when a new version is out, join the
Freebyte newsletter here.
Link to Harddisk Search & Stats
Software created by
Usage and distribution
This program is freeware for corporate and personal use.
You can distribute and include this program on CD-Rom's, Websites, bulletin-boards, Portals, etc. provided you do not modify the program's .zip file
and it must be clear that the program is freeware or shareware.
You can distribute and include this program as part of shareware/freeware collections provided you do not modify the program's .zip file.